Saturday, February 2, 2013

a little about me

A little about myself.
I am an anthropology major with a history minor in my senior year. I transfered from Roger Williams University after only attending for 5 days as an engineering major. I found anthropology and the good it can do for the world, letting the human race know about various cultures that I hadn't ever even heard of, working with the public and governments to make lives better, and discover new features about past cultures.
I grew up relatively higher working class. Our family never seemed to struggle up until the ninething grade. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, leaving our home to a one income household, and various medical bills to pay. Although we never had a lot of extra, it was still difficult to have to wear my sister's hand-me-downs, and be constantly reminded that my hard work in high school would pay off in scholoarships to college. Which then would lead me to a "better" life than what my parents had.
Although now, my bother and boyfriend are both college professors and fairly well off, I always feel that paying full price, and "dumbing down" to be more liked are over rated, and clearance items and fuurthering my knowledge of the world will always be better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment